Detroit® Ash Handling Systems overview
Detroit® Ash Handling Systems are designed for effective, economical and trouble free disposal of ash from units burning coal or solid refuse fuels. Ash from the various collecting points is pneumatically conveyed to the ash storage silo and is unloaded at regular periods for final disposal without creating a dust nuisance.
Our range of clients include:
- Waste to Energy and Independent Power Producers
- Cogeneration, Industrial Power, Institutional Power , Process Steam and Steam Heating Plants
- Industrial Steam and Utility Generators
Detroit® Ash Handling Systems will handle bottom ash, fly ash and pyrites from:
- Stoker fired, pulverized coal fired and fluid bed fired steam generating units
- Hot water generators
- Other types of systems where solid fuels are burned
System and Components Design Benefits:
- Abrasion resistant Ni-Hard cast fittings
- Offset, anti-clogging ash intakes with hardened replaceable seats
- Single unit ash receiver, separator and filter (Detroit® VacPak)
- State-of-the-art system logic design and control
- Totally enclosed, dual-shaft paddle arrangement ash unloader (Detroit® Ultraflo Mixer)
- Single roll spiral clinker grinder with easily replaceable teeth (Detroit® Clinker Grinder)
- Effective, tightly-sealed, rotary feeders for feeding and removing fly ash, as well as many other types of granular materials (Detroit® Rotary Seal Feeder)
- Fly ash re-injection systems designed to improve combustion efficiency
Support and Maintenance Services:
- Worldwide support with more than 100 years of experience
- Repair and rebuild all types of combustion, ash and fuel handling systems
- Service consultants provide all major equipment, parts, installation labor and start-up supervision to ensure that the system is brought on-line as quickly as possible.
Copyright © 2012 - 2017 by Detroit Stoker Company. All Rights Reserved.