Detroit® Underthrow Fuel Distributor
The Detroit® Underthrow Fuel Distributor is the ideal choice for spreader stokers burning coal containing a high quantity of fines and moisture.
The Detroit® Underthrow distributor discharges the fuel on the underside of the rotor, enabling the blades to contact the coal for a longer period of time than other distributors. This design feature in conjunction with the pneumatic distributor plate, facilitates a more horizontal trajectory of fuel, therefore distributing the fine particles more consistently onto the bed area.
The Underthrow is:
- Primarily used for coal distribution for spreader stokers
- Can be retrofitted to virtually any spreader stoker application
- Can also be used with fluid bed boilers.
Features and Benefits:
- Water cooled rotor bearings
- Pivoting rotor blades to mitigate jams
- Heavy duty VFD driven motors to provide adjustment for varying fuel conditions
- Adjustable fuel gate to regulate coal feed into rotor
- Ideal for fuels inconsistent in size
- Distributes fuels more consistently and evenly
- Ideal for distributing fines and other inconsistent material at longer distances
- Ideal for lower quality, less expensive coal
- Fewer moving parts to maintain
- Chain conveying carriage protected from direct radiant heat exposure
- Internal parts removable in two main assemblies
- Internals can be replaced without removing feeder from the stoker front plate
Copyright © 2012 - 2017 by Detroit Stoker Company. All Rights Reserved.